Maths / Euclids Geometry / Euclid Postulates
Prove that an equilateral triangle can be constructed on any given line segment. Mention the steps of construction also.
| Explain Type||Explanation Content|
- Draw a line segmnet AB of any length say 6cm.
- Open the compass for 6 cm, keep the needle at A and draw an arc.
- Now keep the needle at B and draw an arc cutting the previous arc.
- Let the point of intersection of these two arcs be C. Join AC and BC.
- Thus a new triangle is formed ABC of 6 cm each i.e. it is an equilateral triangle. Thus an equilateral triangle can be formed on any line segment
(Concept based Learning and Testing for [6th - 10th], NTSE, Bank & Govt. Exams)